Names First


A very informal list of first names, with some history, trivia, comments, opinions, etc., along with the obligatory origins and meanings. Comments, suggestions, and above all, corrections, are encouraged.


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Folami

Folami is an African word and means "respect me" or "honor me" or simply "respect and honor me," and has been used in Yoruba. I've seen the name designated as masculine in some places, feminine in others, but many names in Yoruba can be given to either sex in any case. The "i" on the end causes it to lean toward being a feminine name when used in the U.S.

I haven't (so far) been able to find much more information on the name other than that, but would welcome more if anyone has it.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Folami"

 

post a comment

eXTReMe Tracker