Names First


A very informal list of first names, with some history, trivia, comments, opinions, etc., along with the obligatory origins and meanings. Comments, suggestions, and above all, corrections, are encouraged.


Thursday, January 05, 2006

Aylin

Aylin has appeared on the list of U.S. Top 1000 names for baby girls at this site since 1997. The name hasn't appeared high on the lists for any year, but since names that I'd have guessed were more common aren't necessarily appearing at all, this name made me curious. What is it? Where did it come from? Why have people been giving it to their daughters in the U.S. since 1997? Why why WHY?

Alright, I feel better. All I've found is that Behind the Name thinks it might mean "moon halo" in Turkish. This one will require actual research, so I'll get back to you.

If anyone has any ideas or knowledge about this name, please share. Thanks.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Aylin"

 

post a comment

eXTReMe Tracker